Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Journey up Jangsan

Just a mile or two up the road is one of the most popular mountains in Busan: Jangsan. A few weeks ago I tried to make it to the top, but the weather decided to be completely uncooperative and it started raining when I got about half way. But, this last weekend I finally accomplished my goal of making it all the way! It's not the hardest hike in the world, but for someone like me who rarely ventures into the great outdoors it required a lot of huffing and puffing... I'll definitely need to work on that.... In total it only took me (and the poodle) about 4 hours to complete, walking from my house and back. It turned out to be a really nice little hike, and I'm really glad I did it. Now to find another mountain to conquer....

Here are some pictures - 'till next time!
A temple tucked away off the side of the trail



About halfway up

On one of our breaks, Gob met his poodle-ganger! (ie: poodle doppelganger...)

I caught myself a hitchhiker! What a lazy little caterpillar...



At the top - past those buildings you can see the ocean (barely.. it was pretty hazy)

Another view from the top
We made it!

Death by hiking... RIP poodle...