Monday, May 9, 2011

Picture Time!!

So I finally got around to taking some pictures of my new surroundings here in Jangsan. I had taken Gob for a walk about a week ago while the cherry blossoms were in full bloom, but had forgotten my camera. "I'll just take some photos tomorrow" I thought to myself... little did I know there would be a huge wind storm that night to blow away 50% of the flowers... So, just imagine a lot more pink in these outdoor photos - they were meant to be much prettier!! The picture to the right is of the street in front of my apartment. It's large and busy, but very clean and modern.



Luckily for Gob there's a walking trail that will take you all the way from Jangsan to Haeundae (the nearest beach). The trail is actually made of this spongy red material which makes it really comfortable to take long walks. AND this town is extremely dog friendly! Which is the exact opposite of my last city. There are always a ton of people walking their pooches along the trail, so Gob get's to make a bunch of friends while we walk. Another nice thing about the trail is that you don't have to cross any streets - they have built pedestrian bridges that cross all the major streets so you don't have to wait for any lights. All things considered it's pretty enjoyable to take walks around here. And like I said, the trees were much prettier the previous day...

 
'Till next time!

A view of the walking trail from one of the pedestrian bridges.