Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Haeundae Sand Festival!!

So this weekend was the Sand Festival here in Busan, and of course it was a blast. I hosted a few girls from Incheon (up near Seoul) via CouchSufring.org and they were such great people! Most of our time was spent on the beach, day and night, and I've got the sunburn to prove it! The following is just a collection of photos if you'd like to see what Haeundae has to offer ^_^

The theme for the festival - All of the sculptures were from various fairy tales.

My couchsurfers on the beach :)

Repunzel along with Red Riding hood. To the left was a giant frog prince.


My favorite of the day :)


The ant and the grasshopper

Not quite sure which story this is.... Something Korean obviously :P


My friend Diana and I

This one is sort of out of place... it' a sculpture of the worlds largest department store here in Busan.

Sleeping beauty/snow white?

Gulliver's travels

No idea... but it's cute :P

Another Korean fairy tale.

Some crazy kung-fu smurfs. They were part of the parade, and afterward they started doing acrobatics and Tae-kwon-do moves... strange...

This is one of the cutest kids I have ever seen in my life. I couldn't help but take a photo :P