So I've finally gotten settled into my new apartment, and it's become quite cozy! Yes, the place is small, but all that means is I get to practice my Tetris skills as I put away my groceries. The little kitchen is... well, let's say 'a challenge' to cook in due to the complete absence of counter space, but so far I've made do and I'm sure I'll last the next 10 months just fine. Gob has acclimated as well - at first he was terrified of the floor to ceiling windows (we're on the 8th floor...) but he's finally realized there is glass there and has thus come out from his hiding spot under the bed. Really I can't complain considering this is pretty typical of Korean single living accommodations; I'm just glad to finally have a place to call home.
 |
| Gob stuck between 2 rocks. I had to go help him down. |
I've also explored my area a little more and found a stream connected to a large man-made lake. Now that the weather is atrociously hot, one of Gob's favorite things to do is jump straight into the stream and just stand there for about 5 minutes to cool off. After that he just jumps around in the water like the crazy poodle he is - needless to say it either scares the pants off off passing hikers, or makes them laugh really hard... I'm still glad I've ended up in this particular area; It's a perfect mix of western accommodation and natural settings to walk around in. We'll see what I can find before the next post!
 |
| On the rooftop |
I also got the opportunity to go out to eat pig's feet with some of my coworkers, and it was surprisingly really good! I was expecting some gross hoof to end up on the table, but it wasn't nearly as grotesque as I imagined. It was served in a cold wasabi flavored broth along with some raw jellyfish. Not my favorite meal in the world, but still very good. After dinner we went to the top of a 20 story building and hung out for a while at a roof-top bar overlooking Haeundae Beach. All and all it was a pretty good night.
Here are some photos I've taken over the past weeks. Enjoy, and thanks for reading!! ^_^
 |
| The Giant Buddha atop HongBeop temple |
 |
| At a temple event we learned how to dye fabric using traditional Korean dying techniques. |
 |
| Gob enjoying his walk along the stream in Jangsan |
 |
| Only about half a mile away from home there's a mini wetland with a ton of gorgeous flowers. |
 |
| Pig's feet! Well you can't actually see the pork, it's hiding under all the veggies. But, the tan squiggly bits is the jelly fish. |
 |
| My coworkers, Kelly and Jennifer |
 |
| My other coworkers, Olivia and Michelle |
 |
| My tiny bed in my tiny studio. Big windows though... :P |
 |
| The other corner... |
 |
| Bathroom... duh... |
 |
| The view from my apt. Gob likes to watch the cars go by, but will bark at anyone carrying an umbrella... so weird... |
 |
| And the tiny (and kinda messy...) kitchen. Complete with a poody to the left. |